Tuesday, October 16, 2018

DANI: FRIENDS AND FASCINATORS!

The week before last was my Mama's birthday.  Some of her friends threw her a "stoop party" to celebrate her 65th.



Here they are arriving.  Susan, who lives across the street, organized and set up the party.  She brought birthday balloons, and made special curly ribbons with a six and a five in them.  Each of the guests brought some food and Susan served tea.

 The other thing that Susan did was make 'fascinators' for efurryone.  Here is my Auntie Renate, Auntie Susan and Auntie Val each wearing one.  Of course there was one for Mama, too, but she was busy taking the pictures.


 Here is Auntie Susan trying to tantalize me wif one of those curlified ribbons.


 Hmmmm, they are quite interesting...


... but then I remembered that I was on a leash and then it wasn't so aMEWSing anymore.


 At least I got some special attention.  Auntie Renate stooped by to give me a pat.


And then my Dada came out to join the crowd.  I think he really came just for the snacks 'cause ...

... they made him wear a 'fascinator', too!  He looked happy but looks can be misleading.


And I never thought they would stoop so low -- but they did.  After Dada had enough, they put the friggin' fascinator on me!

Now you might say you see pictures of me in hats all the time, but Mama uses photoshops to do that.  This was a real one.

I wish I could say I had a ball, but I didn't!



I guess the most impawtant fing is that Mama had a good time.  So to 'make up' for bein' so grouchy, I let her put make-up on me.  Now that's what I call really gettin' the brushoff!



3 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dani....at leest yur fascinatorz haza fish !!!! a most happee birthday two yur mom N heerz
ta 65 mor...we hope her had be best day, lotz oh fun & heerz ta de next yeer bee in filled
with happeez N healtheez ♫♫♪♫♫♫♪♪♫☺☺☺♥♥♥

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

OK, don't get mad, but you DO look adorable! I wish my Mommy would put makeup on me - especially since she has that same brush!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Happy birthday! What a fun party!